12/52

Mar 19, 2018

alright. so this time i won't be too hard on myself should i not make it the full year. because, well, as we know--life happens and it's been a bit since i last did this...and really this is much more for my own memories than anything else. thus, without further ado...



[a portrait of my children, once a week, every week in 2018]

hadley: a blur. life with her truly is a blur. for she is most often running about to and fro and growing far too fast. death is quite common a subject these days since my parents' dog passed a few months back, which really makes us stop and think about the big things. bedtime with her is my favorite, as her routine looks so similar to mine growing up...backrubs, snuggles, singing and prayers, the most precious moments i never want to let go. potty training is in full swing, as we are try absolutely every tactic to get her to sit on the big ol' porcelain throne. i mean, i knew it wouldn't be easy, but goodness she is quickly rounding the corner to age three and gosh darnit she will--she must--be potty trained!

amelia: sweet, stubborn, independent amelia. does not sleep. i could leave it at that, as i bring my yeti-full of coffee up to my lips once again, but she is so much more, of course. this girl adores her older sister, causing david and i's hearts to swell, burst. teething is so so hard, but this is only a season. no sleep is only a season. this will all pass far too soon, so i cling and i remind myself in the moments where they are both screaming those bloodcurdling shrills,  one day, i will dearly miss this.

1 comment

  1. I LOVE that you are posting pictures of them once a week like this! I found your blog because of instagram and I love how raw it is :)

    ReplyDelete

© the landrus diaries. Design by FCD.